Tenable is looking for a highly motivated Technical Writer to join the Research and Development Content team. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and can work with remote teams. Excellent communication skills and initiative are essential to maintain a smooth workflow.
- Work closely with development engineers, support, and other key stakeholders to create and maintain all customer-facing product documentation
- Manage product documentation updates following the SDLC
- Ability to create content for clarity and accuracy to ensure correct spelling, grammar, logic flow, and format
- Provide feedback and peer-reviewing for other members of the team, as well as various teams throughout the organization
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years technical writing/editing experience
- Experience following a style guide, esp. the Microsoft Manual of Style
- Independent worker that has experience working with a team
- A passion for meticulous writing, editing, spelling, grammar, and formatting
- Experience with source control and content management systems
- Project management skills, including task planning, resource allocation, and timelines
- Ability to meet deadlines for tasks and projects involving multiple resources
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Software and writing User Guides
- Strong technical aptitude–Ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Experience using MadCap Flare
- Experience with the Atlassian ALM suite, including JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of network security and cybersecurity
- Prior experience working within technology environments
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.