Research Engineer NASL Integrations
Tenable is looking for a Research Engineer to join our NASL Integrations Research Engineering Team. This position will involve developing and maintaining integrations for Nessus to communicate with 3rd party software such as PAM, MDM, and Patch Management software.
- Technical analysis of 3rd party software APIs, as well as collaboration with 3rd party vendors to better understand the product capabilities and APIs
- Develop and maintain integration code written in NASL
- Collaborate with other teams to extend NASL libraries as needed
- Collaborate with other teams to extend product UIs
What You'll Need:
- Must have a strong initiative and the ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly and shift priorities as needed
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of software development experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- At least some exposure to a full software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements analysis, design, estimation, development, quality control and unit testing
- Experience with system administration, including setting up complicated software environments for testing
- Ability to work with customers and resolve complex support issues
- Familiarity with Nessus Sensor and associated Tenable products (Tenable.io, Security Center, etc.)
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.