Senior C# .Net Core Developer - Remote
To support the development of its game-changing technology, Tenable.ad is looking for a versatile senior C# .Net Developer.
At Tenable our mission is to help businesses stay safe, by detecting security vulnerabilities early and help our customers manage risk and prioritize resolution efforts.
- Cybersecurity: Evolve in a fascinating environment where business experts are also Engineers. Do something good by helping businesses defend themselves. Learn daily about new attack patterns and software vulnerabilities
- Active Directory: The product you’ll work on, Tenable.ad, secures the AD, this huge Directory management system, used to handle authentication and permission at almost all large businesses in the world.
- Innovation: Our product is at the cutting edge of technology, implementing the most innovative cybersecurity techniques in vulnerability assessment, live attack detection, attack path computation and much more
- Modern technical stack: C#, .Net Core, Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJS.
- Tests automation: Component and end to end tests run in our deployment pipelines ensuring for an always working software.
- Service Architecture: Our architecture is made of several services that communicates through HTTP APIs and RabbitMQ
- Modern DevOps tools: We build containers with Docker, run them in Kubernetes. Our deployment pipelines live in azure DevOps. We monitor our running products with Prometheus and Grafana. We also use Ansible and Terraform.
- Continuous deployment: We ship often and are always aiming to improve in this regard.
- Data centric: We monitor the activity on our customer’s infrastructure, adding up to several Terabytes per customer. Processing this flow of data in an efficient and economical way is a fascinating problem. Our main database is MSSQL Server.
- Cross-functional: You will work with a team composed of 3 to 7 developers and QA Automation engineers.
- Customer centric: Delivering new innovative features often is at the heart of our strategy. Development teams are working closely with the Product Owner and UX Designer to ensure we prioritize well and put our efforts in the features that matters for our customers.
- Full stack: The team is composed of engineers of all backgrounds. Some are specialized in the Frontend, the Backend or Data Engineering, Quality Assurance or DevOps. We acknowledge these specialties, but we strive at being able to replace our teammates and learning other scope than the one we already know best.
- Mature: About 40 engineers are working on the Tenable.ad product. Among them several have 10+ years of experience in their domain.
- Made of communities: We have many communities dedicated to programming languages, tools, and all kinds of other topics. You will be able to join them and help them grow to share and learn with the rest of the team
As part of the Tenable.ad Security hub you’ll work at developing cross-cutting security-oriented features for Tenable.ad. Write pragmatic code and strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
Participate in design reviews and architecture discussions of Tenable.ad.
- Implement Tenable’s core security framework capabilities using our technological stack (.NET Core/C#)
- Managing performance of a real-time micro-services connected to a message broker (RabbitMQ)
- Design modern attack detection algorithms by working jointly with Tenable’s security team
- Develop test-driven components able to perform in a large-scale continuous integration workflow
- Contribute daily to all parts of our application’s code base, using our SCRUM-based development workflow
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems
What you'll need:
- 5+ years in .NET or C# development with strong production experience
- A strong development experience on a system going into production at scale
- You write tests for your code, always.
- Team spirit: Mandatory, we are a large team, and we succeed by being helpful and kind to one another.
- Customer centric mindset: Your ultimate satisfaction comes from creating great products that make a difference for their users.
- Experience dealing with large data volumes
- Operational skills with Git, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Good Computer Science fundamentals. You know a wide variety of data structures; Big O notation and your problem-solving skills are top notch.
- You have been working with Continuous Delivery.
- You know your way around SQL Server
- You have contributed to open-source projects
- Experience with any tech of our stack
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.