Tenable is not only building great products and carving out a completely new category, but we are also building a world-class engineering culture, and committed to hiring the very best. We are seeking to add a superb Director of Engineering to provide leadership to one of our Core Engineering teams. You will work with various teams within Tenable, to build a first-of-its-kind platform that enables self-healing cloud native infrastructure by codifying security throughout the development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record of leading a team of engineers, sound technical knowledge and skills in developing enterprise products.
- Build & maintain high performing teams that may be a combination of on-site and remote engineers, ensuring a great working environment for both cohorts.
- Collaborate with PM and Engineering leadership to contribute to the strategy for the Tenable.io application.
- Ensure reliable execution and delivery of projects by setting your teams up for successful delivery through clear direction, removal of obstacles, and ensuring the team is focused on business goals and held accountable for their deliverables.
- Lead teams in understanding priorities, breaking down work into clearly defined deliverables, identifying dependencies, and guiding the teams in setting realistic timelines for project delivery.
- Help define and implement the processes and environment that ensures we produce high-quality software whilst contributing to developing a world-class engineering culture.
- Build relationships with PM, PgM, and Architecture to ensure all functions are aligned and relevant information is communicated effectively.
- Mentor engineers of various levels of experience to ensure our engineers are engaged, challenged, and meeting their professional development goals.
- Provide technical leadership across the platform.
- Come to the table with solutions and proactively work towards fostering a culture of positive collaboration, safety to learn from failure, and continual improvement.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of previous experience as an engineering manager with measurable success.
- Experience leading projects and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle in an Agile environment, utilizing Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Deep knowledge or extensive programming experience with at least two major cloud infrastructure vendors (AWS, Azure or GCP), virtualization and/or container technology (Kubernetes, Terraform, etc)
- Experience developing in languages such as: Go, Java, Kotlin, Groovy, or Node.js and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience with building and architecting cloud-based microservice applications - event driven or event streaming architectures particularly desirable.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD and testing frameworks and knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, scalability, and performance.
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to harness the team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity.
- Ability to attract and hire great engineers, manage and mentor them, and make them successful.
- An ability to work with a remote team and lead them to sustainable long-term success.
- A passion for Quality and a “Get Stuff Done” attitude that is balanced by a sense of responsibility to your customers and team.
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.