NASL Libraries Senior Research Engineer
Tenable is looking for a Senior Research Engineer to join our NASL Libraries team. This position will involve implementing support for connections and data collections from targets supported by Tenable products. The role would involve interfacing with other stakeholders within and outside of Tenable.
- Works on advanced research and development initiatives
- Implements advanced connection and data collection techniques using industry standard protocols and product specific connection methods.
- Participates in architectural discussions and research
- Helps other researchers on the team, when needed
What You'll Need:
- Ability to work independently as a researcher as well as part of a team, contributing to projects and initiatives
- Demonstrably strong programming skills in two or more languages
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and able to shift priorities among initiatives, as needed
- Highly focused on quality & accuracy
- Initiative and drive to explore and learn continually
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of R&D experience
- Experience working within initiatives and managing personal workflow
- An in-depth understanding of good coding practices and standards.
- Experience with understanding and implementing RFC standards and protocols.
- Exposure to developing and maintaining software libraries.
- Understanding of common development and scripting languages such as C/C++, Python, etc.
- Experience with reviewing code and providing feedback.
- Familiarity with Nessus scanner (at least 2 years) and familiarity with associated Tenable products (Tenable.io, Security Center, etc…).
- Experience with systems administration and be comfortable working at the command line.
- Experience in Windows system engineering (WMI, DCOM, RPC, etc.) highly desired
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.