Senior Software Engineering Manager
Tenable is not only building great products and carving out a completely new category, but we are also building a world-class engineering culture, and committed to hiring the very best.
We are seeking to add a superb Senior Engineering Manager to provide leadership to the Cloud Security team.
The Cloud Security team is responsible for our vulnerability management solution for the cloud. We are developing a bleeding edge micro service system that analyzes cloud setup, infrastructure and deployment for vulnerabilities and provides our customers a full view into their cloud account and overall cyber exposure risk .
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineering Manager, you will manage multiple teams with a common goal of building a world class cloud security solution that can scan, analyze and drive remediation of any risk our customers have in their cloud setup.
- Lead teams that will be a combination of on-site and remote ensuring a great working environment for both cohorts.
- Define the strategy for cloud security teams and delivery of solutions.
- Collaborate with architecture to ensure we are making the right design and technology decisions to deliver a platform that meets the immediate needs of our customers and has the flexibility to adapt to our customers future requirements.
- Help define and implement the processes and environment that ensures we produce high quality software. whilst contributing to developing a world class engineering culture
- Build relationships with PM, PgM and architecture to ensure all functions are aligned and relevant information is communicated effectively.
- Mentoring engineers of various levels of experience and ensuring our engineers are meeting their professional development goals.
- Provide technical leadership across the platform.
- Lead by example; coding standard and principles, have a collaborative attitude, and follow through on your word.
- Talent management, ability to recruit effectively and retain our talent.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years managing engineering teams
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- In-depth understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience working with AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience leading teams in Agile environments, Scrum/Kanban.
- Experience leading projects and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD and testing frameworks.
- Previous experience working with distributed and scalable microservices.
- Comfortable dealing with changes as we respond to a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.