Manager, Engineering - Cloud Security
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
The Engineering Manager provides leadership to our technical teams. Collaborates across the organization to improve frameworks and internal standards and governing policies and procedures. Trains and mentors direct reports as a hands-on technical leader which requires active involvement in driving all technology initiatives.
• Build & maintain a high performing DevOps team
• Work closely with Engineering, IT, and Security teams to improve frameworks and internal standards and governing policies and procedures
• Partner to deliver end-to-end process excellence.
• Manage the DevOps Assembly Line including CI/CD, monitoring, SecOps, configuration, release management, operational workflows, etc
• Develop and implement standards and best practices as it relates to cloud solutions and on-prem software
• Tracking of infrastructure availability, performance, and capacity as well as making recommendations to improve system health.
• Proactive monitoring, logging, audits, and automated policy enforcement for security and cost compliance
• Train and mentor direct reports as a hands-on technical leader which requires active involvement in driving all the technology initiatives.
• Keep team accountable & be accountable for the team and all its members
• Defend the culture
• May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
What You'll Need:
• Excellent communicator
• Superb leadership skills and the ability to harness the team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity
• Ability to attract and hire great engineers, manage and mentor them and make them successful
• An ability to understand complex software environments, delivery pipelines from end-to-end - especially distributed cloud-based systems, and end-to-end system architecture flows with on-prem systems
• Knowledge of software development process and lean methodologies, and ability to facilitate true agility and continuous improvement
• An ability to work with a remote team and lead them to sustainable long-term success
• Knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, scalability and performance
• A passion for DevOps, Automation, Quality and Testing, and a “Get Stuff Done” attitude that is balanced by a sense of responsibility to your customers and team
• Knowledge of CI Server solutions such as Jenkins / Bamboo / Circle CI
• Exposure to Cloud Platforms such as AWS / Azure / GCP
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact Recruiting@Tenable.com for further assistance.