Sales Development Representative
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
The Sales Development Representative supports a remote sales team and is responsible for generating new business via inbound and outbound phone opportunity qualification.
- Perform outbound calling to generate new sales opportunities and pipeline
- Follow-up on inbound sales inquiries to generate new sales opportunities and pipeline
- Schedule meetings and demos for sales Territory Managers after proper lead qualification
- Promote Tenable events and webinars for the region
- Research target accounts for outbound call campaigns
- Manage and update the company’s contact and account databases as it relates to the respective region
- Make 50+ calls per day to inbound and outbound sales prospects
- Generate at a minimum 7 new meetings / demos per week
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Hybrid/onsite work in Columbia MD
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years of experience in sales or similar client support role
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and capable of accurate work with minimal supervision
- This is a remote role for applicants based in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region
- Computer proficiency – experience using Salesforce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Bachelor’s degree
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base hourly range for this position is $19.23 - $25.32 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.