Senior Java/Kotlin Developer - Remote
Tenable is looking for a Senior Kotlin Developer who has strong experience in building reliable and performant APIs for complex SaaS platforms.
Tenable’s core mission is to empower all organizations to understand and reduce their Cybersecurity risk. With the emergence of cloud-oriented applications, Tenable enables companies to measure their exposure and react to modern threats.
You will work on a main project at the centre of the company strategy, whose goal is to gather all the data from major internal services to display it within a single portal, that will extract and display the most valuable pieces of information. You will play a pivotal role in the future of Tenable.
Your main role will be to own the design and the implementation of the backend side. According to your profile, you might also partially work on the frontend and possibly contribute to data engineering team activities.
- As Tenable Senior Java / Kotlin Developer, you will oversee the technical design and the implementation of new APIs for large-scale SaaS applications.
- Your daily missions will include:
- Integrate a team of developers requiring a high-level of autonomy
- Interact daily with managers, developers and data engineers of the whole company (conversational english required)
- Work on API of other teams to match your needs
- Design high availability and APIs to streamline the processing of a large set of data
- Constantly interface with the teams involved in the project to ensure a high-quality product release
What you'll need:
- 5+ years as a Java / Kotlin Developer designing SaaS-oriented application for software vendors (experience in Kotlin in NOT mandatory if you are a Java Senior)
- Extensive knowledge of building APIs REST
- Experience in frontend frameworks is a plus
- Operational experience with micro-services architectures and its associated design patterns appreciated
- Interest in Big Data and willing to collaborate to work with Data Engineers and Data Scientists
- Proven engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration, DevOps)
- Versatile architecture skills, Dev culture and eager to learn new technologies
What Tenable brings you:
- Salary above the market + equity plan
- Multiple social advantages (holidays, mentorship, wellness…)
- Flat management and a truly blameless culture, based on the respect of each other
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.