IT Enterprise Support Engineer (Patch Management)
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
The IT Enterprise Engineer ensures the proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment - with emphasis on resolving escalated tickets and completing project work. Performs installations, repairs, patches, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks. May have expertise in commonly used business applications.
- Research, validate and deploy new IT initiatives relating to user hardware and various applications
- Work with vendors to vet technologies to be used across the company
- Answer staff questions in person, via phone and ticketing system on all company supported applications
- Troubleshoot computer and telephony problems
- Serve as a liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues
- Document resolutions for future reference
- Route inbound inquiries within the IT department to appropriate groups for escalation and resolution
- Communicate resolution to end users
- Provide after hours support on-call support as required
- Provision and configure equipment for new staff
- Create and manage new accounts based on departmental needs
- Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance the performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of technical support experience preferred
- Experience supporting Windows/Mac/Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- General knowledge of Local Area Networks and troubleshooting
- General knowledge of common information security practices
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of applications and systems
- Effective interpersonal skills to work as a team member
- Understanding of basic network and system architecture
- Ability to translate user/department needs into business and technical documentation
- Experience with Patch Management: vulnerability detection & remediation
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex internal projects, coordination with different departments
- Proven ability in identification and timely resolution of user IT issues up to the Tier 2/3 level
- Strong expertise in device, operating system, software and application troubleshooting and deployment
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across multiple internal departments: Systems Operations, Infosec, Business Operations
- Experience using MSP software: JAMF/Kaseya/Solarwinds/GFI/ConnectWise
- Experience with SCCM/MDT/WDS
- Experience with or understands of scripting languages
- Configuration and management of Windows desktop environments, including VMs, Terminal Servers, AD, DNS and Group Policy knowledge
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $68,000.00 - $90,000.00 USD.Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.