Director, Service Management - ServiceNow
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global IT Support., the Director of IT Service Management is responsible for the delivery, implementation, and management of the ServiceNow platform work across Digital Solutions team that will support our employees and contractors.
This is a highly visible and collaborative leadership role will lead the strategy and design across the enterprise, streamlining and transforming our operations leveraging ITIL best practices. You will partner will leaders across Digital Solutions ensuring alignment to their strategic goals and build and deliver solutions for scale.
- Drive a service management transformation across the company that will help us increase employee experience and increase employee productivity that will support our rapid growth.
- Engage with the business users at different levels to understand business needs, analyze, document, evaluate and prioritize the requirements and make recommendations on the solution and implementation.
- Possesses strong meeting facilitation skills to effectively drive discussion across all levels of the organization. Leads by example and is responsible for establishing and maintaining team norms, fostering positive and productive working relationships to maximize the contribution of each team member.
- Work cross-functionally across the Digital Solutions organization to increase employee productivity and streamline employee requests leveraging ITIL best practices.
- Identifies program goals and the required measurable success criteria to accomplish the goals, establishes course of action, and defines project tasks.
- Displays the courage to hold stakeholders at all levels accountable for commitments and actions related to program activities.
- Possesses a strong understanding of issues, risks, and program trends with the ability to motivate and direct teams to quickly takes appropriate actions.
- Can clearly articulate escalation needs, support and timing required from senior leaders.
- Lead the Service management transformation at Tenable
- Manage program scope, schedules, risks, issues, changes, dependencies, program operations, and progress against success measures with implementation partners and contractors.
- Lead the organization through ITIL maturity with driving best practices in Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and CMDB.
- Redesign the Service Catalog and establish SLA’s
- Drive Self-service for all employees via knowledge articles, chatbots and mobile
- Partner with the service desk organization to provide training, support and technical assistance to operations team and end users.
- Help streamline work processes across the company improve employee productivity and increase velocity.
- Provide functional leadership during technology enhancements upgrades implementations and work successfully as a liaison with various internal business technical partners.
What you’ll need:
- Expert Knowledge with ServiceNow – ITSM, ITOM , CMDB and Integration Hub – 5+ years
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices – 7+ years
- Bachelor's degree required in Information Technology, Computer Science, or business-related discipline, Master’s degree a plus
- Track record of driving large-scale transformations and measurable outcomes
- Experience working at large hypergrowth SaaS companies $2B or greater in revenue
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, advanced degree desirable
- Requires 15 or more years of management experience working across several stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, collaborative leadership, decision-making and communication skills
- Some travel may be required
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power
- Strategic acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Track record of identifying the need for and driving beneficial change; practices continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to have critical conversations
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact Recruiting@Tenable.com for further assistance.