Senior FP&A Analyst - Hybrid/Columbia MD
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re a part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Join our expanding team and be a driving force behind our FP&A mission. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you'll be responsible for shaping and maintaining a comprehensive corporate financial model, with a focus on future performance projections, while closely collaborating with our Business Leaders. Our goal is to elevate Tenable's business performance through timely, accurate, and actionable analysis, and we're actively seeking dynamic analysts who excel in data analysis, offer insightful solutions, and thrive on collaborative business model evolution. Our ideal candidate embodies structured thinking, teamwork, curiosity, and the ability to collaborate directly with Business Leaders regularly. At Tenable, significant growth opportunities await. Join us and become an essential part of our team.
- Provide management with accurate and timely financial reports detailing their group’s performance versus established goals and objectives
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data.
- Build forecasts of future company performance and maintain dynamic models to support a rolling forecast including long-term scenario modeling
- Create and validate content for executive level presentations and reviews
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for executives as required
- Prep for and lead monthly budget vs. actual reviews with department heads
- Gain expertise in financial data systems and help pinpoint integration possibilities with other data sources
- Outline and define opportunities to re-engineer processes and automate reporting within FP&A
- Evaluate opportunities for cost-savings through financial analysis
- Partner with other groups to develop and refine a robust model of the business
- Assist the DevOps team in modeling and forecasting Cloud costs and R&D investment needs
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred; other business backgrounds also helpful. An MBA or other advanced business degree or certification is a plus
- At least 3-5 years of experience, that has encompassed the fields of finance and accounting.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, including advanced Excel modeling
- Experience creating/using models in a Financial Planning system such as Adaptive Planning, Hyperion, Anaplan, or a similar system is a plus. Specific experience with Adaptive Planning modeling is directly applicable
- In-depth understanding of a three-statement financial model
- Experience with Tableau or a similar BI tool and a mindset for data analytics could translate well.
- Prior experience working with financial models, FP&A, or Corp financial planning
- Results-oriented, collaborating with multiple business teams to streamline financial operations and metrics (KPIs, timely monitoring, forecasting, etc.)
- Skilled in presenting and interacting with all management levels, using tools like PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Prior SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Experience in a public company with a diversified/global organization is a plus
- Able to work a hybrid schedule /onsite location in Columbia MD. For those seeking a change, relocation can be an option to join our team
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $79,000.00 - $105,000.00 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.