Staff Software Engineering in Test - Data Platform
Tenable is looking for a Staff Software Engineer in Test (SET) to contribute towards ensuring the quality of Tenable’s products by designing and developing software tools, test frameworks, and/or automated tests in certain focus areas. The goals of these are to verify the functionality of the products, their operational resiliency and/or performance of Tenable’s solutions. A Staff SET at Tenable would also lead manually testing and performing exploratory testing of our solutions, contribute to setting up the test infrastructure and provide reporting of the test results.
- Expert in testing methodologies to verify functionality, operability and performance of Tenable’s solutions
- Drive manual, exploratory, automated and performance testing efforts to help identify areas of risk.
- Passionate about quality and promotes a high bar for quality aimed at testability and maintainability.
- Lead testing initiatives with minimum guidance.
- Coach and mentor junior and offshore Quality Engineers
- Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our processes, tools, and technologies
- Contribute to existing tools, frameworks and related solutions while leveraging new open source solutions to test in new ways.
- Increase and improve our automated test coverage
What You'll Need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of testing experience in both manual and automated testing including experience in leading projects.
- Must have a strong initiative and the ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team.
- Experience testing at platform level.
- Experience leading offshore Manual and Automation QEs.
- Experience working on multiple projects and features in tandem.
- Experience in communicating and using quality metrics to drive decisions during a release cycle
- Experience developing automation in technologies such as Python and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience in SQL, API testing via Postman
- Experience testing Data Science analytics and metrics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Datadog, Splunk, Kafka is a plus.
- Knowledge of Load and Performance testing is a plus.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and deliver.
- Desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay.
We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.