Senior Software Engineer - Full-Stack
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our India-based Tenable.io Customer Success development team. Tenable.io Customer Success team enables organizations to address the challenge of understanding and mitigating their cybersecurity risk. As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to work on some challenging real-life issues when customers use Tenable.io’s highly scalable, highly reliable cloud-native user interface and underlying microservices which utilize modern technologies and programming languages.
- Get in on the ground floor: As part of a small and growing Tenable.io Customer Success team, you'll have opportunities to learn and work on a broad scope of interesting issues of a state of the art cloud platform
- Act as an advocate of our customer with empathetic listening, break complex issues into achievable diagnostics and resolution steps, provide prompt and transparent updates and communication to customers
- Innovate: As an organization, we run an “Innovation Sprint” at the start of every quarter where engineers can work on their own ideas for features or try out new technologies. You can demo your work in front of the rest of the company and pair up with people from other teams
- Learn new things: We provide a training budget for you to attend conferences or workshops
- Raise the bar: We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our tech stack, and our product’s features. Bring your ideas and experiences to the table and help make a lasting impact
What you’ll need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, including experience with leading projects
- Experience developing in languages such as: Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Node.js, Python, or Go, and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Exposure to high volume, fault-tolerant, highly available and distributed systems
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational data stores
- Experience designing, developing, and utilizing Restful API’s
- Experience with cloud-native data stores and data processing systems is a plus
- Experience with network security systems is a plus
- Accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior staff in the design, implementation, and execution of highly technical development projects
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.