Software Engineering Manager - Cloud Applications
Tenable is not only building great products and carving out a completely new category, but we are also building a world-class engineering culture, and committed to hiring the very best. We are seeking to add a superb Engineering Manager to provide leadership to the Tenable.io Application development team at Tenable.
The Tenable.io Applications teams are responsible for the Tenable.io UI and application logic to power user workflows in Tenable.io, our cloud platform. You will be responsible for one of the teams of UI and backend engineers, and will work closely with platform teams in order to build out customer-facing features that positively affect the day-to-day lives of security professionals.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers working to enhance and maintain this critical part of the Tenable infrastructure.
- Build & maintain high performing teams that may be a combination of on-site and remote engineers, ensuring a great working environment for both cohorts.
- Collaborate with PM and Engineering leadership to contribute to the strategy for the Tenable.io application.
- Ensure reliable execution and delivery of projects by setting your teams up for successful delivery through clear direction, removal of obstacles, and ensuring the team is focused on business goals and held accountable for their deliverables.
- Lead teams in understanding priorities, breaking down work into clearly defined deliverables, identifying dependencies, and guiding the teams in setting realistic timelines for project delivery.
- Help define and implement the processes and environment that ensures we produce high-quality software whilst contributing to developing a world-class engineering culture.
- Build relationships with PM, PgM, and Architecture to ensure all functions are aligned and relevant information is communicated effectively.
- Mentor engineers of various levels of experience to ensure our engineers are engaged, challenged, and meeting their professional development goals.
- Provide technical leadership across the platform.
- Come to the table with solutions and proactively work towards fostering a culture of positive collaboration, safety to learn from failure, and continual improvement.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of previous experience as an engineering manager with measurable success.
- Experience leading projects and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle in an Agile environment, utilizing Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD and testing frameworks and knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, scalability, and performance.
- Experience working with distributed and scalable microservices, Java/Kotlin, and/or React and similar UI technologies.
- Comfortable dealing with changes as we respond to a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to harness the team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity.
- Ability to attract and hire great engineers, manage and mentor them, and make them successful.
- An ability to work with a remote team and lead them to sustainable long-term success.
- A passion for Quality and a “Get Stuff Done” attitude that is balanced by a sense of responsibility to your customers and team.
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.