Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides consistent, world-class support for Tenable cybersecurity products (Tenable Holdings Inc, NASDAQ: TENB). In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the TSE resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting cutting-edge vulnerability assessment and compliance auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our TSEs possess excellent knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position. The TSE is a hands-on customer-facing role that provides support for Tenable’s entire product suite; including Nessus Professional, Tenable.io, Tenable.sc, Tenable.ot, Tenable.ad, Log Correlation Engine, Container Security, Nessus Network Monitor and Web Application Scanning. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including customers who need help deploying their first Nessus scanner, to customers who want to perform in-depth log correlation and real-time vulnerability analysis.
- Work closely and build relationships with the rest of the Tenable team, including Sales, Customer Advocacy, Research & Development, and Operations
- Serves as the primary technical liaison between the customer and Tenable internal groups (Product Management, R&D, etc) for technical issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results, system audits, and log events
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
- Opportunities for career advancement within Technical Support as well as other organizations within Tenable
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years of hands-on proven experience in field engineering or technical support :
- Support/Professional Services/Technical Account Manager
- 2+ Years Customer Support with a hi-tech company
- A passion for making customers successful
- Experience working with Enterprise customers around the world
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent customer-oriented individual
- Strong technical and robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Strong desire to learn new skills at an accelerated pace
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge/experience in :
- Linux and Windows Server Administration and Configuration
- Windows Active Directory
- Network administration, Firewall Configuration, and strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Extensive experience with diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, etc to analyze packet captures (pcaps)
- Database technologies and SQL knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Log File Analysis Experience
- Working Knowledge of
- CVE's and Security Bulletins
- Either professionally or in an academic setting, using Nessus and/or other vulnerability management and cybersecurity tools
- Plus to have the following knowledge/experience :
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Patch deployment and system configuration
- Log analysis using Splunk or another SIEM product
- Virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages
- Scripting in Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Experience in Industry Security Standards (DISA, HIPAA, CIS, ISO 27001, etc)
- Experience with or understanding of Certificates and CA’s
- OT cybersecurity
- Multilingual candidates are desirable but not required (Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesia/Malayu Japanese)
- Monthly availability to work weekends (8am-4:30pm) and Holidays is also required.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.