Marketing Data Analyst
Our Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing complex datasets and communicating actionable insights to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making across the company. The primary focus is to perform analysis and develop reports that illustrate the relative impact of marketing programs on Sales and Marketing. They should always be looking for ways to optimize marketing programs to increase ROI and other golden KPIs. This individual is also responsible for ensuring data integrity and report validation. The ideal candidate has extensive experience effectively communicating data and a passion for problem solving.
The Marketing team at Tenable is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Marketing departments. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing, and producing integrated marketing strategies. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the Tenable brand and managing internal communications. The Marketing Operations team strategizes and specializes in the MarTech stack, Automation, Analytics, Web Strategy, as well as Demand Generation and Customer Growth initiatives.
- Create dashboards and reports to communicate and monitor key performance metrics
- Accurately track campaign performance, lead generation and resulting pipeline
- Perform analyses on large datasets and extract actionable insights in Tableau and through SSMS as necessary
- Blend different data sources to increase the depth of view into our customers
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand what information is needed to drive business decisions
- Maintain various dashboards and workbooks while keeping up to date all data source integrations to them
- Contribute to the data source methodology and grow insight capabilities from them
- Assist in integration of new data sources
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or Marketing field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in analytical roles with a heavy focus on querying and analyzing data
- Experience with data automation, visualization, and reporting software, preferably Tableau
- Experience in B2B marketing or sales
- Experience writing scripts, preferably SQL or a SQL related language.
- Experience with solving data puzzles and automation workflows through data dives
- Experience with Excel type functions and macros
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (Azure Databricks/SparkSQL a plus)
- Experience with design philosophies to best deliver metrics.
- Experience with Google Analytics,Tag Manager, Marketo, and Salesforce (Object/Backend level a plus)
- An understanding of API integration methodology
- Ability to work at a computer for an extended period of time
- Globally distributed client organization that operates both in-office and remotely
- Participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings; sometimes being the presenter of the sessions
- Willingness to work in an Agile like environment and work independently.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.