Principal Solutions Architect
The Tenable Technology Alliances Team is chartered with creating meaningful integrations and go to market partnerships (GTM) with some of the world’s leading, best of breed technology companies. These in turn allow our joint customers to more efficiently address the challenging job of managing cyber exposure using their existing IT tooling.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Solutions Architecture as part of the Tenable Technology Alliances Team, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of our relationships with cloud providers and “cloud solution” partners. The overall objective of this function is to own/drive technical solutions and value propositions which enable effective GTM efforts and revenue impacting initiatives. Key partnerships include AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform, with AWS being the primary focus.
The Technology Alliances Solution Architecture Team is responsible for understanding Tenable’s and each partner’s solutions, key narratives, messaging and technical initiatives. The cloud architect will use this knowledge to provide insights as to how Tenable and the partner can best technically complement each other to provide customer value and help Tenable develop and maintain technical competitive advantages.
Our Solution Architects are expected to become the subject matter experts for their key partners, and based on this expertise, build the reference architectures, marketectures and enablement materials. Internally at Tenable, this role will work closely with individuals from Technology Alliances, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Marketing. Externally, this individual needs to be able to identify, build and curate relationships with key technical stakeholders at our partners.
- Own and drive the technical work streams for our cloud partnerships
- Lead the technical assessment, scoping, enablement and execution of revenue impacting, GTM initiatives
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with technical leaders and influencers at our partners
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for cloud partner’s technologies
- Identify and pursue “design win” opportunities for Tenable to be a “launch partner” for relevant, new services that our cloud partners release
- Work closely with the partner and Tenable marketing teams to leverage design wins for Marketing efforts
- Create, build and maintain technical aspects of the cloud marketplace listings
- Build reference architectures, marketectures, sales decks and field enablement materials that include the value for the customer, partner and Tenable
- Work closely with partner and Tenable engineering teams to build cloud training for various Tenable constituencies
- Become technically proficient with Tenable solutions
- Act as SME for Tenable and partners in pursuit of enterprise sales opportunities
- Represent Tenable at partner and industry events (post Covid)
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of related experience with
- 5+ years of experience in revenue impacting, cloud solution engineering/architecture
- 3+ years of experience in successfully driving value through the Amazon Partner Network and AWS Marketplace programs including design wins
- 3+ years of experience with security software
- A passion to learn about new technology and are curious about how things work
- Articulate and pride yourself on conveying complex ideas in simple terms
- Comfortable working with engineers and executives
- Over-communicate, create alignment, rally resources and satisfy stakeholder needs
- Team oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.