Engineering Manager - Customer Satisfaction
Tenable is not only building great products and carving out a completely new category, but we are also building a world-class engineering culture, and committed to hiring the very best. We are seeking to add a superb Engineering Manager to build and provide leadership to an India-based Tenable.io Scanning Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) team at Tenable.
This team will be responsible for providing ongoing support for our Scanning services, including our Cloud-based scan management capabilities, as well as support for the Nessus Engine, which fuels our world-class, best-of-breed VM scanning capability. Focused on state-of-the art solutions for scanning the ever-evolving landscape of customer’s IT infrastructure in a non-intrusive, scalable way, the Tenable.io scanning CSAT team will enable organizations to address the challenge of understanding and mitigating their cybersecurity risk.
As the Tenable.io Scanning CSAT Engineering Manager, you will hire and manage a team of engineers working to enhance and maintain this critical part of the Tenable infrastructure.
- Build & maintain high performing teams that may be a combination of on-site and remote engineers, ensuring a great working environment for both cohorts.
- Collaborate with PM and Engineering leadership to help execute on the strategy for scanning and vulnerability detection for customer systems, and ensuring the utmost quality and highest customer satisfaction.
- Ensure reliable execution and delivery of projects by setting your teams up for successful delivery through clear direction, removal of obstacles, and ensuring the team is focused on business goals and held accountable for their deliverables.
- Lead teams in understanding priorities, breaking down work into clearly defined deliverables, identifying dependencies, and guiding the teams in setting realistic timelines for project delivery.
- Help define and implement the processes and environment that ensures we produce high quality software whilst contributing to developing a world class engineering culture.
- Build relationships with PM, PgM, and Architecture to ensure all functions are aligned and relevant information is communicated effectively.
- Mentor engineers of various levels of experience to ensure our engineers are engaged, challenged, and meeting their professional development goals.
- Provide technical leadership across the platform.
- Come to the table with solutions and proactively work towards fostering a culture of positive collaboration, safety to learn from failure, and continual improvement.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years previous experience as an engineering manager or a technical lead with measurable success.
- Experience leading projects and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle in an Agile environment, utilizing Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD and testing frameworks and a knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, scalability and performance.
- Experience working with distributed and scalable microservices.
- Experience in the network security space is a plus.
- Comfortable dealing with changes as we respond to a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to harness the team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity.
- Ability to attract and hire great engineers, manage and mentor them and make them successful.
- An ability to work with a remote team and lead them to sustainable long-term success.
- A passion for Quality and a “Get Stuff Done” attitude that is balanced by a sense of responsibility to your customers and team.
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.