Senior Director, Engineering - Product Engineering
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Tenable is looking for a Senior Director of Engineering to join the Tenable Vulnerability Management product development team. As a Senior Director of Engineering at Tenable, you play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable Saas products in the cloud ecosystems. You will drive the Tenable core product developments end-to-end while collaborating with Product Managers, Architects and talented engineering teams to ensure continued success of product delivery, growth and innovation.
- Experienced engineering leader with strong communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with Product Engineering, Platform, SRE, Product Management, Program Management, Marketing, Sales and customers to achieve successful outcomes
- Track record of managing SaaS commercial products in large distributed environments
- Ability to attract, hire and retain top engineering talent combined with leadership skills to help the team operate at their maximum potential
- Experience of planning and growing global engineering organization with track record of measuring maturity and performance data driven
- Experience collaborating with Product Management to define product strategy. Track record of developing product strategy by combining industry experience with product and customer knowledge
- Take ownership and pride in predictably delivering quality engineering releases
- Promote and shape the culture of the engineering organization
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience overall and 3+ years of demonstrated success as Director of Engineering
- Prior experience leading teams for enterprise commercial SaaS products
- Prior experience of leading product engineering for cybersecurity product is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software with velocity
- Proven record of distributed system architecture at large
- Experience of leading engineering teams in containerized distributed systems environments across development, testing, CICD and release management
- Background in Object Oriented Programming (i.e., Java) and database technologies (i.e., SQL, Elasticsearch, Snowflake or PostgreSQL)
- Experience of leading teams in agile/scrum process in collaboration of product management, engineering and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to align cross functional peers and engineers with the product strategy
- Ability to attract and hire great software engineers and managers, build high-performance teams, lead and mentor the team, and make them successful
- Experience growing people and engineering teams, and possess a can-do attitude
- Provide technical strategy, direction and standards to ensure they are adhered to. Excellent at influencing without authority
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact Recruiting@Tenable.com for further assistance.