Senior Software Engineer (Kafka, DB tuning, datastores)
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our core product engineering team. Focused on designing, developing, and maintaining cloud-based, state-of-the-art search solutions on top of our customers’ ever-evolving landscape of infrastructure in a scalable way. As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to be part of implementing and maintaining a highly scalable, highly reliable cloud-native user interface and underlying microservices which utilize modern technologies and programming languages.
- Get in on the ground floor: As a senior member of the team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and implement features and help drive the overall architecture of our system
- Innovate: Become a member of senior engineering teams driving on-going innovation of our global cloud architecture and distributed systems that serves our broad customer base with the latest cyber security technologies
- Learn new things: We provide a training budget for you to attend conferences or workshops
- Raise the bar: We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our tech stack, and our product’s features. Bring your ideas and experiences to the table and help make a lasting impact
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product Managers, other engineers, designers, and stakeholders to continuously iterate on our products and drive consensus. You will have the opportunity to support and mentor your peers inside and outside your team
What You'll Need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Database performance tuning, schema design and indexing of large database in a distributed microservice architecture
- 5+ years of software development experience in enterprise development and a desire to lead a fast-paced development team with the experience of balancing multiple tracks concurrently
- Experience developing in Java or Kotlin, and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience of working in containerized microservice architecture in Kubernetes
- Experience in developing core libraries, infrastructure, and search engines
- Cross-platform development is a big plus
- Accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior staff in the design, implementation, and execution of highly technical development projects
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- Experience with operational datastores and Kafka
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $ $128,000.00 - $170,000.00 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.