Research Engineering Manager - Vulnerability Automation
Tenable is looking for a Research Manager to head our Vulnerability Automation research team. You will manage a highly focused team of engineers building and maintaining a framework for automated ingestion of vulnerability intelligence and building content off of that data. The role will involve active collaboration with peers in the US regions for various research initiatives.
- Hands-on day-to-day leadership of the team in terms of prioritizing, reviewing and championing initiatives and other research projects
- Mentors talented research engineers on the team and helps recruit enthusiastic, innovative researchers to grow the team
- Collaborates closely with other research teams, program management and various parts of the Tenable Product organization on different projects
- Handles day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, employee time off, HR Coordination, IT resource management, etc.
- Is an active member of the local tech community by means of coordinating, hosting or participating in tech events and meetups to grow the Tenable Research brand throughout the EMEA region
- Keeps team accountable & is accountable for the team and all its members
- Enhances the culture
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in security research or software development as an individual contributor
- Management experience or team lead experience preferred
- Prior experience working with or managing Agile teams
- Prior experience working with international and remote teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and drive efforts from teams across multiple organizations
- Keep abreast with the advancements and developments in the security industry and perform original research to keep our customers secure
- Adaptable and able to shift priorities among initiatives, as needed
- Must possess the ability to solve problems logically, research options, and focus on meaningful data to draw the right conclusions under pressure
- Familiar with Python or other similar scripting languages and able to do code reviews for quality and accuracy
- S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience; M.S. preferred
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.