Professional Services Systems (API) Engineer (Remote)
The primary responsibility of the Systems Engineer is to design and engineer the infrastructure to support the sale, execution and fulfillment of training using a variety of SaaS/PaaS/IaaS platforms. As a member of the team, you will utilize your scripting skills and system knowledge to create integrations, automations and custom tools to ensure a smooth and reliable training delivery. Solution implementations may require working closely with other teams such as Finance, Accounting, Business Platforms and Channel Marketing.
The Systems Engineer will also assist in supporting the key business specific platforms, specifically as related to troubleshooting, content management, performing updates and managing service tickets as needed.
- Design, architect and code solutions, automations and integrations to meet business needs
- Document solution designs, architecture and workflows
- Troubleshoot, document and correct solution issues
- Evaluate solutions to ensure quality of the user experience
- Provide reporting on KPI metrics
- Liaise with vendors and other personnel for solution designs and issue resolution
- Performs a variety of directed complicated tasks and escalates where appropriate
- Platform support (version updates, service tickets, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Remain current with Tenable products and services
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years systems engineer experience or equivalent
- Windows and Linux networking and system administration skills
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Full development lifecycle exposure
- Experience creating, maintaining and utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Experience aggregating, analyzing and reporting data
- Manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong customer service and interaction skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with some or all of Tenable’s products preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. May substitute experience for education
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.