Technical Support Engineer - Bilingual Spanish or Portuguese - Remote
Our support engineers possess excellent knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Technical Support Engineers provide support for Tenable’s entire product suite; including Tenable.io, Nessus, Tenable.sc, Log Correlation Engine, Nessus Network Monitor and Tenable.ot. Questions come from a wide variety of sources looking to close the Cyber Exposure gap; including customers who need help deploying their first Nessus scanner, to customers who want to perform in-depth log correlation and real-time vulnerability analysis.
- Work closely and build relationships with the rest of the Tenable team, including Sales, Customer Advocacy, Research & Development, and Operations
- Analyze and address customer technical inquiries
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results, system audits, and log events
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
- Opportunities for career advancement within Technical Support as well as other organizations within Tenable
What You'll Need:
- A passion for making customers successful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of networking, Linux/Unix, macOS, Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Previous experience in customer support or network security
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Spanish or Portuguese speaking
- Either professionally or in an academic setting, using Nessus and/or other vulnerability management or cybersecurity tools
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Log analysis using a SEIM product (Splunk, ElasticSearch, etc)
- Database technologies and SQL knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages
- Experience in Industry Security Standards (DISA, HIPAA, CIS, ISO 27001, etc)
- Experience with or understanding of Certificates and CA’s
- Basic understanding of reviewing PCAPs with tools such as Wireshark
- Bilingual candidates are desirable but not required (Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Mandarin, Japanese)
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.