Senior Director of Engineering - T.AI
Tenable is looking for a Sr. Director of Engineering to join the team in charge of creating the company’s Cyber Risks Analytics Platform. As a Sr. Director of Engineering at Tenable, you play a key role in the design and the delivery of a multi-tenant SaaS application with data visualization and big data constraints.
Your day to day work will imply:
- Directs the activities of a software applications development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and every task around the performance enhancement.
- Analyzes and investigates engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function
- Interacts with product management, project managers, marketing, sales, and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications.
As part of this position, you will be driving 4 different engineering teams and be a direct report of the VP of Engineering.
- Take ownership and pride in predictably delivering quality engineering releases
- Promote and shape the culture of the engineering organization
- Ability to train & mentor direct reports
- Ensure all projects meet/exceed their budget, cost, quality and delivery Targets. The director will provide direct input and management of IT tools to track projects, bug fixes, release dates, documentation changes and feature requests
- Manages Tenable certification efforts such as Common Criteria, FDCC certification and other “certification” standards that may be required of Tenable
- Responsible for all HR related issues (performance management, hiring, , developing employees,.etc) for the engineering group
- Performs other related duties as assigned (Write Blog posts, lead internal culture initiatives, etc)
What You'll Need:
- 12+ years of software engineering experience overall and 3+ years of demonstrated success as Director of Engineering
- Experienced engineering leader with strong communication, and people management skills
- Strong experience leading the development of a modern SaaS application with data visualization constraints.
- Ability to Build & maintain high performing teams; creating a positive culture across the Engineering organization
- Proven ability to collaborate with Product Management, Product Owner and Engineering
- Track record of managing all phases of software development.
- Ability to attract, hire and retain engineering talent combined with leadership skills to help the team operate at their maximum potential
- Track record of leading the implementation of a product strategy
- Deep understanding of the scalable architectures essential to delivering network security products
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to harness the team to produce the highest quality deliverables with the greatest velocity. Emphasis of sharing and communicating context over applying control.
- Prior experience leading teams for enterprise SaaS security products
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software with velocity
- Good understanding of the technical challenge an engineering team could face
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to align cross functional peers and engineers with the product strategy
- Ability to attract and hire great software engineers and managers, build high-performance teams, lead, and mentor the team, and make them successful
- Knowledge of software development process and lean methodologies, and ability to facilitate true agility and continuous improvement
- An ability to work with a remote team and lead them to sustainable long-term success
- Provide technical strategy, direction, and standards to ensure they are adhered to.
- Excellent at influencing without authority
- Ability to architect, perform design/code reviews on distributed platforms
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field recommended