Manager of Software Engineering
“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
Manager, Software Engineering
WHO WE ARE
For over two decades, TeleTracking Technologies has helped hospitals achieve better patient
flow through automation and process redesign that takes the time lag out of daily operations.
Today, TeleTracking provides an end-to-end platform that optimizes operations enterprise-wide
in real-time. Real-Time Capacity Management™ solutions automate many of the physical
functions of the hospital and monitor them in real time to increase efficiency in the delivery of
care. This tighter operational control drives out waste (both time and resources), while still
making sure that patients get to the right place at the right time with the right resources.
TeleTracking provides process planning, patient flow redesign and asset management
optimization through its consulting division, and has been rated by KLAS
(www.KLASresearch.com) as the patient flow Category Leader seven times in the last eight
The Manager, Software Engineering leads a software engineer team that creates the software solutions that align with TeleTracking’s technical vision for improving access to patients. As such, this position will have end-to-end technical ownership of a TeleTracking product including resource management and allocation and overall project management responsibilities. This position will help drive process improvements and ensure the highest quality of service while also maintaining the deployment pipeline.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team through the continuous design and development for TeleTracking’s software.
- Maintain current awareness of marketplace trends related to ongoing process improvements in software engineering and lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes.
- Oversee resource development ensuring that resources are best utilized. Train and mentor current staff.
- Bachelor’s in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline required; Master’s preferred
- 8+ years professional experience in software development including design and implementation with prior experience leading software engineering teams, experience in the health care industry preferred.
- 5+ years familiarity with developing software as a service (SaaS) using Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure with prior experience with cloud-based software development and deployment.
- 5+ years of version control systems and continuous integrations systems such as Jenkins.
- 2+ year of Project management experience.
- Strong understanding and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles. Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior management. Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships both internally and with customers.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical training deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.