The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of a product for our clients by optimizing a development team's work. The Product Owner is responsible for defining user stories, acceptance criteria, and prioritizing a product's feature backlog. They "own" their product and are measured on its' success.
As a member of the Product Team, the Product Owner must understand both internal and external needs and share these insights with the Technology Team with support from colleagues in Product Management and Product Design. The Product Owner must have a deep understanding of the product from both the business and technical perspectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns, prioritizes, and maintains the feature backlog, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Host backlog planning, user story grooming, sprint retrospective, and sprint end demo sessions with the Product & Technology Teams
- Breaks down epic-level user stories into detail-level user stories consumable and testable by a scrum team.
- Accept user stories as done at the end of the sprint.
- Serves as the "voice of the customer" with the development teams, representing and reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout a development sprint.
- Partners with Product Management, Product Design, and Technology to ensure the right customer problem is solved.
- Tracks the development team's progress towards a product release.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field required
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 3+ years prior working experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Product Manager, or Software Developer
- 1+ years working in an Agile, Scaled Agile, or Scrum environment (e.g., user story writing, grooming backlogs, participating in Scrums, etc.)
- 3+ years working with Agile process management tools, including Jira and Confluence.
- 3+ years of working experience with Microsoft Office tools (MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), SAFe Product Owner, or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Develop and prioritize user stories based on the understanding of the overall business benefit and the relative cost of each piece of work (based on the business objectives)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task and effectively prioritize conflicting assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, discipline, promotion, benefits, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment. TeleTracking strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, non-job related handicap or disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.