Senior Scrum Master
Senior Scrum Master
WHO WE ARE
We are a software development company HQ in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is simple—to ensure that no one waits for the care they need by. Here at TeleTracking we all believe it’s unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers, and we also believe as care delivery becomes more complex, coordinating patient care with a combination of people, process and technology across the care continuum is absolutely essential and we are looking for the best and the brightest talent to ensure the mission gets accomplished.
TeleTracking has been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council―which named TeleTracking as the Tech 50 Culture Leader of the Year. TeleTracking has also been recognized as one of Becker's Hospital Review’s "Great Places to Work," a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner and a Pittsburgh Business Times “2019 Workplace Wellness Champion.”
We are looking to build out additional teams chartered with expanding TeleTracking’s IQ Platform. Our IQ Platform helps our customers improve the overall patient experience by improving outcomes such as average length of stay. We are focused to taking our IQ Platform where our users are. Join us and be an important part in driving the TeleTracking IQ Platform to new and exciting markets.
The Senior Scrum Master (Technical Project Manager- TPM) role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise, and hands-on agile project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with other teams within TeleTracking, and helping with product launches. The Senior TPM will also be responsible for setting program standards and expectations and leading and mentoring other TPMs in the team. This candidate will have the opportunity to impact TeleTracking and its customers by working with delivering software on a global scale. The ideal candidate is a servant/leader who is focused on coaching the team, shielding the team from distractions, and striving for continuous improvement and success. The candidate is equally comfortable with agile estimation and project planning, metrics-based process improvement, and digging into business requirements/acceptance criteria to ensure that the team is on track.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes agile patterns and practices, team agile coach
- Facilitates agile/team meetings
- Owns sprint kick-off, daily stand-up, retrospection meetings etc.,
- Facilitates communication across scrum teams
- Actively works with engineers and the Product Owner to negotiate and split work into smaller chunks
- Promotes the success of the stories by making sure they are complete, having both designs and acceptance criteria before entering the sprint
- Maintains situational awareness of ongoing and scheduled work
- Removes roadblocks, allowing the team to move forward
- Owns the team velocity measures and release forecasting
- Works with the Product Owner to continuously refine scheduling and estimation for the product roadmap and backlog
- Provides clear metrics (velocity, burn-down, cycle time, etc.) for both internal (scrum team) and external stakeholders
- Actively works to improve team performance with metrics and continuous process improvement based on team retrospectives
- Manages inter-team dependencies and communicates timely readiness well in advance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
- All Scrum Master responsibilities as detailed: https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-a-scrum-master
- Experience in Agile estimation and release planning
- Detailed history of major wins supporting development team goals.
- Hand-on experience with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira) is desired
- Knowledge of the range of team metrics and when each is applicable -- including flow metrics such as cycle time.
- Demonstrated experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based development and delivery is preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- 8+ years of experience delivering software
- 5+ years of technical experience in facilitating the agile development of software products with in-depth understanding of software development lifecycle.
- A technical background is required for the TPM to successfully:
- Evaluate estimates with some level of understanding
- Understand stories and processes enough to coach the team on splitting stories at obvious seams
- Evaluate and prepare the required metrics
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.