Data Engineer II
“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
Data Engineer II
WHO ARE WE?
We are a software development company HQ in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is simple—to ensure that no one waits for the care they need by. Here at TeleTracking we all believe it’s unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers, and we also believe as care delivery becomes more complex, coordinating patient care with a combination of people, process and technology across the care continuum is absolutely essential and we are looking for the best and the brightest talent to ensure the mission gets accomplished.
TeleTracking has been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council―which named TeleTracking as the Tech 50 Culture Leader of the Year. TeleTracking has also been recognized as one of Becker's Hospital Review’s "Great Places to Work," a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner and a Pittsburgh Business Times “2019 Workplace Wellness Champion.”
A Data Engineer II is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of the TeleTracking platform. This role will also be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Assists in the development and training of SE I.
- Bachelor's computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Master's preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong understanding and familiarity working in the Linux operating environment.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
- 5+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience
5+ years of SQL
- 2+ years working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- 3+ years with document databases (e.g. MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 2+ years of distributed version control system (e.g. git)
3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
- Good software development and Object Oriented programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, discipline, promotion, benefits, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment. TeleTracking strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, non-job related handicap or disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.