“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
WHO ARE WE?
We are a software development company HQ in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is simple—to ensure that no one waits for the care they need by. Here at TeleTracking we all believe it’s unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers, and we also believe as care delivery becomes more complex, coordinating patient care with a combination of people, process and technology across the care continuum is absolutely essential and we are looking for the best and the brightest talent to ensure the mission gets accomplished.
TeleTracking has been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council―which named TeleTracking as the Tech 50 Culture Leader of the Year. TeleTracking has also been recognized as one of Becker's Hospital Review’s "Great Places to Work," a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner and a Pittsburgh Business Times “2019 Workplace Wellness Champion.”
TeleTracking software solutions create real-time results for real-life hospital challenges, and powering intelligent care delivery. As a member of the technology team you will create solutions that have a direct positive impact on hospital staff and patients. This position will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible for TeleTracking clients.
As an Application Architect with TeleTracking, your role will be one of the core members of the team. You will bring your expertise in software design and development to create extensible services into a cohesive platform to work seamlessly across both TeleTracking’s and our customer’s ecosystems. You'll work with Analysts, Product and Project Managers, UX, and other software engineers to extend our platform’s capabilities in support of all TeleTracking products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Understand and interpret requirements contributing to technical architecture & design documents applications in support of the TeleTracking cloud platform.
- Lead design and development of key products for TeleTracking.
- Lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes with emphasis on continuous delivery.
- Resource development – train and mentor current staff
- Maintain current understanding of marketplace and developments related to software engineering
Bachelors- computer information technology, computer science, management
Masters Degree Preferred- computer information technology, computer science, management
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Prior experience leading the design and development of software products
- Agile methodologies experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to learn, demonstrate intellectual curiosity, ability to work in a team environment. Self-motivated, passionate and strong leadership skills
- 5+ years or prior experience as an Application Architect or Technical lead is required.
- 8+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience (Java, C#)
- 5+ years of SQL
- 2+ years of version control systems (git, svn, etc.)
- 5+ years of CSS
- 2+ years of HTML5
- 5+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Familiarity with big data technologies and basic understanding of architectural design patterns
- Familiarity with document databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
- Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.