Data Engineer III
“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
Data Engineer III
WHO WE ARE
For every hour patients wait for care, they face objectively worse outcomes. TeleTracking believes it is unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers. Our mission is simple, to ensure no one waits for the care they need. Named one of Becker's "Great Places to Work" and a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner, TeleTracking delivers extraordinary outcomes that have been the subject of study by the RAND Corporation, and is the perennial KLAS Patient Flow Category Leader.
TELETRACKING GUIDING PRINCIPLES
We take pride in our mission and are grateful for the opportunity to do noble work
We value honesty and treat others with respect
We innovate to solve problems and create elegantly simple offerings
We hold ourselves and one another accountable
We relentlessly pursue continuous improvement and challenge the status quo
We contribute positively to meaningful outcomes for our partners and for healthcare
We make sound decisions and operate efficiently in order to sustain employment and grow the business
A Data Engineer III is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of the TeleTracking platform. This role will also be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Assists in the development and training of SE I.
- Bachelor's computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Master's preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a cloud computing environment.
- Strong understanding and familiarity working in the Linux operating environment.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
- 7+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience
5+ years of SQL
- 7+ years working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- 3+ years with document databases (e.g. MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
3+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 2+ years of distributed version control system (e.g. git)
3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
- Good software development and Object Oriented programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.