Technical Support Specialist
Why You’ll Love Working Here
Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot comprised of nearly 300 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone—but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn’t love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop?
With great products and maybe even better people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hardworking individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
Are you the person your friends go to for help with their technical problems? Do you have a passion for technology? Do you pride yourself on good communication skills and excellent customer service? TechSmith aims to provide world-class technical support. You would provide front-line written and phone technical support for TechSmith customers. We connect with customers through our support system, e-mail, chat support and phone. In order to fully delight our customers, you must be calm, patient and customer oriented, with the primary goal of customer satisfaction. We need a team player that is both detail oriented and self-motivated. If you have this unique blend of qualities and are looking to join a world-class technical support team, we want to hear from you.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support all TechSmith products on Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Train customers how to use TechSmith products
- Interact with customers in a professional manner, using a consultative approach, to gather information on specific issues to solve their problems
- Reproduce and diagnose problems
- Primarily connect with customers over the phone, but also chat, email and other methods as needed.
- Provide feedback to product development teams and Quality Assurance
- Handle multiple customer issues in a timely fashion
- Track all customer issues in the support system
- Document workarounds and solutions for customer problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid problem solving and research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a proficient typist
- One-year help desk experience
- Windows multimedia/graphics application experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Windows OS and general computer knowledge
- Associates degree or equivalent related work experience
- QA experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of MAC OS a plus
- Networking skills a plus
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.