Software Engineer - Remote (MI, FL, TX)
About TechSmith:Being a TechSmithie allows you to work creatively to solve real problems for people and businesses in an innovative and collaborative environment. We are a home-grown, mid-sized company that has achieved global success. We deliver screen capture and video creation software, including Camtasia and Snagit, to over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies.
This doesn't happen accidentally. Through employee investment and professional development, we continually prioritize our talent to make sure things are done right. From interns to senior leaders we work side-by-side to make transparent company decisions, strive for continuous improvement, and live by the culture and values we embody as a company.
With amazing products and people, we are always looking for fun and hardworking individuals who are passionate about working on the bleeding edge of technology. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Position Overview:As a Software Engineer at TechSmith, you will be putting your problem-solving skills and passion for developing great software to use every day. You will work within a team, building world-class software products in a fun, collaborative environment. The software that you create will be used by millions of TechSmith’s customers.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing include:
- Collaborating to add new features to our multimedia products
- Extending and enhancing existing features based on customer feedback
- Finding ways to improve the development environment and automate manual processes
- Learning the latest technologies and experimenting with them on existing codebases
At TechSmith, every individual can make a big impact, while working in a supportive team environment. As part of an agile development team, you will have a voice in helping to decide what assignments the team takes on. While working directly with User Experience Designers and Product Owners, you will help to decide how to solve our customer’s needs. With the help of Software Test Specialists and your teammates, you will have the time and support to fully test your solutions and create quality work. When you are not coding solutions for customers, you will have the time to advance your skills with the help and support of your programming lead and manager. The TechSmith agile process is set up to give you the opportunity to dedicate entire sprints to innovation, self-guided work, or professional development multiple times a year.
Open Positions:Software Engineer | Software Engineer II | Senior Software Engineer
Required Experience and Background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or 3 years equivalent practical experience
- At least 6 months experience developing software in internships, team projects, a professional setting, or personally developed software applications
- Experience collaborating on software projects within a team
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines (Quality Assurance, User Experience, etc.)
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a remote environment. Candidates must reside in, or be willing to move to, Michigan, Texas, or Florida before starting their new position
- Candidates may be required to come into the main TechSmith office, in East Lansing, Michigan, up to quarterly when the office reopens.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
Demonstrable experience with at least three of the following:
- Developing software with C++ or Objective-C
- Writing automated software tests
- Developing applications for Windows or macOS
- Participating in software quality practices such as code reviews and pair programming
- Agile development process
- Programming in collaborative codebases
- Commercial consumer software development
- Multimedia software development
- Deploying to the cloud using containerization and orchestration
- Building software that runs on Microsoft Azure