Inside Account Specialist-German Speaking
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Being a TechSmithie allows you to work creatively to solve real problems for people and businesses in an innovative and collaborative environment. We are a home-grown, mid-sized company that has achieved global success. We deliver screen capture and video creation software, including Camtasia and Snagit, to over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies.
This doesn't happen accidentally. Through employee investment and professional development, we continually prioritize our talent to make sure things are done right. From interns to senior leaders we work side-by-side to make transparent company decisions, strive for continuous improvement, and live by the culture and values we embody as a company.
With amazing products and people, we are always looking for fun and hardworking individuals who are passionate about working on the bleeding edge of technology. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
TechSmith’s top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees. We’ve temporarily moved our operations to working fully remote. Candidates must have the ability to work in a remote environment and, when deemed safe, be willing to commute to TechSmith’s office in the Lansing Michigan area. Candidates must be willing to move to Michigan before starting their new position.
As a team we work directly with customers and resellers to help them understand the amazing things our software can do. Using a consultative sales approach, we gather information on specific issues customers face and offer a solution of products to match their needs. We connect through our support system, phone calls, email, and instant chat. To fully delight our customers, you need to have excellent communications skills and the ability to multi-task. We need a team player with a positive attitude.
*This is an hourly position
Shift: 6:00AM to 3:00PM EST Monday-Friday
- Maintain, identify and grow customer accounts
- Understand and demonstrate TechSmith products
- Talk to customers about how our products can solve their challenges
- Interact with customers in a professional manner, using a consultative approach, to gather information on specific issues to solve their problems
- Utilize sales questioning techniques to match products to customer needs
- Fully engage with Sandler sales training and continuing education
- Process phone orders
- Assist customers with account status inquiries, subscription management and answer presales and post sales questions
- Provide support to our software distributors and resellers
- Meet and exceed any assigned group or team revenue goals
- Multi-task and excel in fast paced environment
- Understand our competitors and know our products' advantage
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Professional German language proficiency required. This position requires daily professional communication with our German-speaking customers and partners.
- Previous sales or customer service experience required.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused and able to work on a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Good organization skills and capability to multi-task
- Interest and proficiency with technology, specifically software applications
- Strong critical thinking skills
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
Compensation and Perks:
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee, you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.