Video Production Intern
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Being a TechSmithie allows you to work creatively to solve real problems for people and businesses in an innovative and collaborative environment. We are a home-grown, mid-sized company that has achieved global success. We deliver screen capture and video creation software, including Snagit, Camtasia, and Knowmia, to over 30 million professionals, from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies.
This doesn't happen accidentally. Through employee investment and professional development, we continually prioritize our talent to make sure things are done right. From interns to senior leaders, we work side-by-side to make transparent company decisions, strive for continuous improvement, and live by our values of empowerment, inclusivity, integrity, and respect that we embody as a company.
With amazing products and people, we look for fun and talented individuals who are passionate about working on the bleeding edge of technology. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
TechSmith’s top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees. As such, we’ve temporarily moved our operations to working remote. All incoming employees will also be remote to start. However, when it is deemed safe and necessary per our leadership for our staff to come back to our campus in Okemos, MI, it may be required for any incoming staff to do the same. Someone interested in this role would need to be able to adapt to the current remote environment need, and future on-campus environment need in order to be considered for the role. At this current time, work on our campus will not resume for the remainder of 2020.
The TechSmith Marketing team is looking for a Video Production Intern who is motivated to get real-world editing, screen capture, motion graphics design, live production, and asset management experience. The Video Production Intern will be responsible for assisting with editing work that has already been captured, producing or updating product marketing materials, repurposing content for other platforms (social media, our own TechSmith Academy, etc.), and assisting the entire Marketing team in their video-related goals.
As this position will begin fully remote through 2020, much of the live production work has been halted or slowed, and we are focused heavily on editing, screen capture, motion graphics (intros, layered transitions, titles, etc), YouTube channel best practices/cleanup, and similar post-production and asset management work.
We’re looking for a self-motivated person who works well in a team setting is creative, and willing to step out of their comfort zone to try new things.
- Edit, and produce content for our YouTube channel & Marketing efforts
- Provide video, motion graphics, & audio support throughout marketing, and other departments as needed to support TechSmith and its products
- Work with video team on pre-production planning, recording (when applicable again), and post-production on pre-recorded content
- Assist with implementing, monitoring and optimizing marketing video campaigns in a timely and accurate manner
- Audit SEO titles, descriptions and hashtags in YouTube for most likely search terms
- Support the entire content team, with file management and content delivery
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- Currently pursuing a degree in communication, broadcasting, film, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- Experience editing videos on a desktop platform using professional editing software such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, or Camtasia
- Ability to script and outline ideas for videos
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Willing to accept constructive feedback
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and operate under deadlines
- During school, you must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, maximum 20 hours per week during the school year, and up to 40 hours during the summer.
- Ability to work at least two consecutive semesters (while a full-time student)
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
- You must be enrolled full-time in classes to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation
- For the duration of your internship you must work from one of the following states: Michigan, Texas, or Florida
- The desire to learn about new things and improve your skills
- Willing to come into work eager to learn and make an impact
- Communication, Film, Marketing or Media/Journalism background
- Demo Reel of related work
- Ability to bring in your own ideas
- A positive personality
- Experience creating content (including videos) utilizing SEO terms
- Familiarity with an NLE of choice: Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Camtasia etc.
Compensation and Perks:
Competitive pay based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We require a minimum of 15 hours per week, however hours are limited to 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week in the summer.
TechSmith Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 517-381-2300 x212, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your request and contact information.