Big Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Work in a business oriented data function and manage all big data pipelines of our product
- Design, develop, deploy and contribute to development of data analytical and self-learning applications scaling to terabytes of data
- Install, configure and upgrade distributions of Apache Spark and Kafka
- Build fast and scalable data pipelines between our big data platforms and our data warehouse
- Work on real Big Data problems with development teams on the product that has 1.7+ billion of clients all over the world
What we offer:
- It’s all about the team: become part of a community that values respect, support and open feedback
- Salary structure that reflects market standards and increases based on your skills and experience
- Plus, additional bonuses that reward your excellent work performance and contribution based on the success of the company
- Of course, we offer you perks like free fruit, drinks and a variety of health and well-being activities
- Good work-life balance with home office options and flexible working hours
- We truly live and celebrate our cultural diversity: our colleagues come from more than 60 countries and speak more than 40 languages
What you bring:
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or information systems or equivalent experience with a focus on Big Data
- At least 2 years of relevant professional Big Data experience
- Excellent programming skills in Scala and Java, experience with Python is beneficial.
- Good experience in Apache Spark, Kafka is a plus
- Previous hands on contact with AWS cloud solutions.
- Proven track record of working with HDFS, MapReduce, Hive is recommended.
- Background maintaining clustered Data Warehouses such as Redshift is advantageous.
- Fluency in English paired with great communication skills round up your profile.