Sr. Product Owner (R8078)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Sr. Product Owner who will focus on understanding, organizing, prioritizing and assessing work for the development team based on the needs of the company. This role is responsible for the planning, strategy, requirements gathering, analysis, design, end user interaction, acceptance criteria definition, and product releases on our product customization applications.
The Sr. Product Owner will also serve as liaison between business stakeholders, IT staff, and offshore IT contractors supporting and improving our systems and applications. The Sr. Product Owner will be leading and participating in cross functional teams, both onshore and offshore, in all phases of the development lifecycle, addressing software applications, workflows, data flows, mockups, and systems.
- Lead the product development team, with the proven ability to provide high level requirement documentation, user stories, functional requirements, workflow diagrams, data mappings, and wireframe/mockups.
- Responsible for meeting with internal stakeholders to gain thorough understanding of current business process and define problem statements in order to effectively provide business context to the development team.
- Facilitate in daily standups, sprint meetings and retrospectives.
- Ability to query and track transactional data through integrated systems.
- Define, develop and ensure user stories and acceptance criteria are ready for development to start work.
- Identify and coordinate with other technical product owners and map out project dependencies to direct the necessary sequence of development.
- Responsible for validating that user story and requirements functionality meets the acceptance criteria and definition of done.
- Lead the product development team, with a thorough understanding of the product and utilize high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product’s vision is aligned with business goals.
- Responsible for gaining buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy regarding product functionality and process.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the list of backlog items, based on the overall strategy and business objectives.
- Work with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure the product backlog has visibility, transparency, and clear understanding of functionality and timing.
- Responsible for iteration planning and subsequently working with development team to identify and breakdown the tasks required for the iterations while providing clear instructions and deliverables.
- Ensures close collaboration with the development team.
- Responsible for communicating with all internal stakeholders, including business managers, business SME’s, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear, the vision is aligned with business objectives and current status is understood.
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization and external customers to communicate different messages about the project at any given time.
- Ability to communicate with and document 3rd party solution and integration requirements.
- Ability to manage, organize, communicate and track sprint and project releases.
- Ability to perform all Project management tasks per PMI definition, including but not limited to leading, planning, managing, and communication about projects.
- Responsible for projects’ success: on time, on budget, meeting team members’ expectation, and meeting projects’ goals.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, practical experience in lieu of education is acceptable.
- 6+ years leading projects/previous product owner experience/business systems analysis experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems and applications.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Prior experience with software integration initiatives.
- Previous Scrum Experience.
- Prior experience with Agile methodologies.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.