Equipment Operator I (R7307)
Come work with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch of Taylor Corp located in Byron, MN, is looking for a new Equipment Operator to join their team! This is an entry-level position with great opportunity for growth within the company. Curtis 1000 offers you a clean, well-lit, and safe environment so that you can grow into your full potential!
- Monday through Friday 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM with OT hours as needed. Your first shift would start at 11:00 PM Sunday night and end Friday morning at 7:00 AM.
- Read job ticket to ensure that all required work is performed on each job.
- Cut to size, fold, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished products into correct packages and boxes.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance.
- Report defective materials or questionable quality issues to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Place finished goods on the designated location.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Maintains the work area, tools and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Follow standard work methods and prescribed safety practices to ensure production is as efficient and as safe as possible.
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to use basic hand held tools such; rubber straps, plastic bags, plastic packaging clamshells, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers, and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of Curtis 1000 products
- The ability to perform the following operations necessary to finish products: Punching and stitching machines, coiling machines, cutters, and other bindery equipment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand on feet for entirety of shift
We Would Also Prefer:
- Mechanical experience
- Production experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the top five graphics communications companies in North America. Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
A business communications company operating continuously since 1882, Curtis 1000 has evolved to be unique in our industry in terms of experience, innovation and capabilities.
We are dedicated to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process / print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative, ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
Curtis is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.