Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Controller to oversee our team of Accountants and Accounts Payables in our Arden Hills, MN office who support various aspects of the financial cycle including: month-end close, monthly variance analysis, financial reporting, external audit, accounts payable processing, inventory, and postage accounting.
Our Controller is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and timely payments to our vendors. In addition, our Controller will help implement our Oracle Cloud-based ERP system. This position reports to the Director, Finance of Venture Solutions.
- Train, mentor and manage accounting staff. Ensure staff is highly functioning and the team is motivated. Provide feedback, conduct performance reviews and take corrective action when needed.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for gathering, analyzing, verifying financial information.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to financial management and accounting.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Lead and participate in process improvements and documentation projects
- Facilitate and prepare company financial statements, including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage internal and external financial statement audits
- Prepare audit work papers/schedules, fulfill audit requests and reporting in a timely manner
- Perform variance financial analysis
- Manage vendor invoice payment process
- Participate in Oracle ERP implementation sessions
You Must Have:
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience and 4+ years supervising and mentoring a team
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proven track record of success, leadership and being a self-starter; results oriented
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze details and identify financial issues
- Ability to identify, collect and organize data for analysis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
We Would Also Prefer:
- Proficiency in Oracle
- Multi-location accounting and consolidation experience
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.