Cold side supervisor (R4419)
Prime Pork is seeking a Cold Side Production Supervisor. Reporting directly to the Cold Side General Superintendent, position will lead a group of production floor employees while assisting in the day to day operations of the cut floor. Responsible for maintaining quality, production rates, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible and accurate record keeping.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of hourly and salary manufacturing associates.
- Oversees fabrication of product according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products, ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors all work areas for cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a minimum.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by reporting policy infractions to HR and being involved with taking appropriate disciplinary actions. Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years' prior pork plant supervisory experience and leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pork cuts, yields, and production processes.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- General knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety regulations.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, kneel, crouch, grasp, lift, talk and hear.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.