Quality Inspector - Nights (R4200)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Travel Tags is adding a Quality Inspector in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota to help serve our customers’ needs. This person will play a pivotal role in the overall production of specialty print gift cards and other promotional print items. This position inspects materials and products for conformance to specifications using fixed or preset measuring instruments. Ensures materials and products are in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and performance and are not irregular or damaged.
- Night Shift, 6pm – 6am. 36 hours one week, 48 hours the next (those 8 hours would be considered overtime pay)
- We offer rotating 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off!
- Performs random quality checks as well as final inspection in day-to-day production process
- May act in an advisory role for other departments on quality questions
- Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and/or ISO standards
- May apply approval or rejection labels once evaluation is complete
- Minimize down time by reducing production rework and recalls
- Perform tests and experiments for process analysts or engineers
- May perform set-up of processing equipment
- Monitor, audit and provide guidance to line operators
- Process test runs and prepare records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to process analyst or engineering to identify problems, inefficiencies or test new products
- Provide clerical and administrative support related to documentation requirements
- May audit good manufacturing practices document files relating to the maintenance, repair and calibration of manufacturing equipment in order to ensure compliance with external and internal quality assurance requirements
- Maintain documentation manuals to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date and available to appropriate personnel
- Maintain filing of all master documents
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refer more complex issues to higher levels
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- 1+ years’ experience as a Quality Inspector
- Knowledge of MS Office Suites
- Experience using measuring equipment such as calipers
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school diploma or equivalent
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.