Sr. Estimating Representative (R8341)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking a Sr. Estimating Representative to join their team in Duluth, GA! In this role, you will be responsible for the quick and efficient processing of quotes for multiple product lines and maintaining a balance between company profitability and the ability to secure the orders.
Your Shift: Monday – Friday 8a - 5p
- Receive and respond to quote request from the sales group and the Customer Service department for Core/Commercial, Digital and Direct Mail job categories.
- Understand the “cost” pricing structure; factors such as material cost, spoilage and make ready.
- Utilize the price book and buyer’s guide.
- Estimate job costs and apply the appropriate markup based on product category.
- Maintain estimating system; close quotes, de-activate old quotes, add/change supplier codes and contact names.
- Research appropriate sources for quotes by utilizing the supplier database/library.
- Document all pertinent information related to the specifications on the quote file.
- Analyze vendor pricing and negotiate vendor costs.
- Quote alternative items as needed to meet requirements and secure the order.
- Provide strategic quotes for better than price book prices as requested and approved by management.
- Proactively follow-up and communicate quote status to Sales Representatives
- Meet or exceed success ratio as outlines in performance standards.
- Work with suppliers to gain knowledge of their production capabilities, learn about new products, and continue to broaden our vendor base.
- Organize workflow within the department to meet deadlines.
You Must Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of estimating experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of the print process along with basic paper knowledge and paper grades
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from management, customers, sales representatives, and employees
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong math skills with the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and draw and interpret graphs
- Manage telephone calls professionally and efficiently; ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Ability to work well under pressure; work with diverse personalities and deal effectively with conflict
- Strong work ethics, dependable, accountable, and displays a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook system to include calendar, e-mail, task list, etc.; excellent computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and data entry skills
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to create spreadsheets with simple formulas
- Ability to use experience and independent judgment to make effective decisions
- Excellent problem solving (think outside the box), follow-up, decision making, and organizational skills
- Attention to details with minimal errors
We Would Also Prefer:
- Advanced negotiation skills and knowledge of press capabilities and printing procedures
- A two or four year degree
- Knowledge and the ability to use computerized estimating systems, Monarch, and Kodak Upfront Production Planning Software
- Understanding of page layouts, press laybacks, etc.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off), holiday pay, and more!
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130+ year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.