Taylor Holdings: Agriculture Division is seeking a COO to join our Executive Team to foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement while driving operational excellence in all areas by leading manufacturing, engineering, quality, safety, maintenance, and customer experience teams.
- Monday through Friday, occasionally requiring weekend work
- Lead the development of standard, efficient processes, best practices and key performance indicators to drive operational success
- Lead a continuous improvement transformation and ensure consistency in applying lean principles across all manufacturing facilities and influence collaborative cross-functional engagement in the process of ongoing and sustainable improvement and change
- Ensure formulation and adherence to annual budgets and work with leaders across the company, from Product Management and Engineering to Product Marketing and Sales to execute on the product roadmap
- Hire and develop team members to help ensure efficient operation of all aspects of manufacturing
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive engineering and manufacturing strategies and programs supporting business goals in line with business plan and appropriate market growth strategies
- Work collaboratively with customers, suppliers, team members and support areas to develop solutions and high quality products for the customer
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives throughout all holdings in portfolio. Works closely with operations managers and quality team to ensure proper expectations are being set and that deliverables are meeting expectations by site; successfully enable scalability to achieve goals of meeting quality, cost, and delivery objectives.
- Align with the CFO and CEO and business development to support growth through diversification.
- Leverage capability and capacity across multi-site manufacturing locations; align with Divisions Presidents to ensure the infrastructure is in place to support the revenue stream.
- Cultivate a continuous improvement culture by assuring open communications and involvement of all team members and developing an engaged and capable team.
- Ensure products meet or exceed customer quality standards and delivery schedules are met
- Direct manufacturing engineering efforts to ensure company facilities and equipment are adequately designed, built and maintained
- Leadership responsibility for the management of contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Build and develops operations team through talent development, effective coaching
- Develop and drives plans to meet Business Unit financial objectives and capability growth
- Responsible for COGS portion of P&L budget and attainment
- Implement metric driven Management control and reporting to ensure operational targets are met and continuous improvement occurs
- Identify and prioritize capital and operating expenditures
- Participate in Executive Team in strategic planning, visioning and positioning of all Business Units
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Biology or related fields
- 10 years in a manufacturing leadership role of either a Director of Operations or higher of large, multi-process plant operations
- 7 years P&L responsibility
- Prior experience leading continuous improvement or Lean Manufacturing transformation
- Demonstrated track record of efficiency and profitability improvements
- Successful history of leading growth initiatives
- Knowledge and experience working with sales and marketing
- Demonstrated success at financial planning, budgeting, capital management, and budget management
- Demonstrated involvement in successful quality and safety initiatives
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and build effective alliances across functions
- Ability to set priorities and lead change efforts
- Demonstrated strategic agility and effective at the tactical as well
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial statements
- Excellent decision making and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups of employees
- Excellent technical writing skills to be able to produce high-quality reports
- Possess high level of integrity and objectivity by using data in making decisions.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills who has proven to handle multiple activities.
- Ability to manage stakeholders through personal leadership and clear project goals
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and handles other tasks as assigned
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)