Senior Accountant (R5110)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications SCS is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Arden Hills, MN team. This position will be heavily involved in month-end close processes, ensuring proper accounting controls and processes across multiple locations. This person will report directly to the Controller and work closely with various corporate teams and finance personnel across other locations. This position requires a detail oriented person with initiative to improve process and ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Prepare timely and accurate journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, ensuring accuracy and proper controls
- Maintain perpetual inventory records
- Perform intercompany balancing
- Administer the fixed assets process, tracking capital expenditures through completion
- Assist with other monthly closing activities as assigned
- Proactively improve processes to drive accuracy and efficiency
- Provide and participate in cross-training
- Provide analysis and support for the annual audit
- Participate in project work as needed
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Experience with Lawson, Oracle or other automated accounting systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to drive increased accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to establish credibility and forge relationships
We Would Also Prefer:
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications SCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.