Sr. Mechanic Technician (R8685)
Benefits Available Day 1!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Mechanical Technician.
- Observes, diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs printing equipment, press parts, electrical problems and other equipment throughout the facility.
- Calculating and installing main electric to equipment and other power distribution
- Sets up and operates drills, lathes, grinders, welders, and other necessary tools and equipment to make and repair presses and component parts.
- Initiates purchase orders for items necessary to repair or replace component parts or other related equipment.
- Performs various preventive maintenance functions on equipment on a scheduled basis in an attempt to maintain equipment and prevent breakdowns.
- Prepare, operate and adjust assigned machinery to specifications per customer work order
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and prepare for the next user
- Produce product to specifications by following all processes and procedures
- 3rd Shift
You Must Have:
- Degree or Certificate for industrial electric, electric distribution, machine controls, plc, etc
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, parts orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to set adjust machinery to required tolerances
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year experience in production or as an equipment operator
- Good color discernment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. Benefits start day one and we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.