Sourcing Rep II (R5636)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Sourcing Representative to issue purchase orders to our internal and external supplier.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- Create purchase orders to order materials, goods and supplies from the appropriate vendor, in adequate time to not run out of inventory and/or meet deadlines given by customers.
- Work directly with the vendor on all correspondence concerning purchases, including price adjustments, damaged or returned goods, lead times, shipping method, etc.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular bases.
- Create and upkeep all product data that revolves around purchasing, i.e. current cost, preferred vendor, vendor contact information, etc.
- Track the status of open purchase orders and communicate to the appropriate personnel when to expect the product or if there is a delay.
- Work with warehouse team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered, missing products, or damaged product.
- Ensure that all invoices meet the match requirements set by corporate guidelines.
- Follow proper channels to obtain purchase authorization according to company policy.
- Secure product samples, photos, and descriptions for departments.
- Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner.
- Analyze data and reports to make good purchasing decisions.
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of non-complex printed products a plus.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in a customer service/ buyer related role.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to maintain a positive and calm demeanor at all times.
- Energetic, motivated, willing to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written, including problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment and fluid organizational structure.
- Able to work overtime as needed
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; profit sharing; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.