Telecommunications Tech (R7763)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Technology Services is looking for a Telecommunications Tech in our North Mankato, MN location. This person will be responsible for building, configuring and supporting the various unified communications solutions including IP telephony, voice mail, call center routing with email and chat management included.
This person will also be responsible for the administration of unified communication systems from Avaya, Cisco and Microsoft Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams in on-premises and cloud configurations. Administer the needs of the unified communications related hardware and software of the organization’s Avaya and Cisco VoIP systems. Provide support on the unified communications help desk. Provide direct support to end users in troubleshooting and problem resolution. Consult and guide phone related strategies for call routing and set up. Install and configure hardware and software applications including upgrades and new deployments.
- Administration of telephony-related hardware and software applications including routine support, maintenance and monitoring
- Engaging with end users through the unified communications support desk by phone, email or ticketing system
- Consulting with call center leader to help determine the best course for call routing and agent set up
- Resolving break/fixes and completing move/add/change/deactivation requests for all telecom systems
- Researches error messages and takes necessary actions
- Collaborates with peer IT teams and vendors to identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting performance including SIP telecom environments
- Training and best practice identification of unified communications and related software applications
- Purchasing of routine unified communications related hardware
- Providing unified communications strategies and solutions for the organization
- Assisting with management of upgrades, implementation or other tasks as assigned
- Pursuing change management within an ITIL environment
- Providing afterhours on-call incident response and resolution and monitoring of after notifications
- Ability to be on call 1 week every month.
You Must Have:
- Attention to detail at a very high level
- Experience Avaya and/or Cisco Unified communications handsets for office and call center environments
- Familiarity with skills-based routing in a call center environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills including ability to present ideas or solutions to a variety of user levels
- Ability to analyze a situation and determine actions needed
- Positive attitude and enjoys a challenge
- Team player while also able to work on individual assignments
- Requires occasional standing and/or walking, reaching by extending hands/arms
- Ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds
We Would Also Prefer:
- Familiarity with Skype for Business Server and Skype for Business Online
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Exchange Server/Exchange Online
- Solid technical aptitude including network configurations and cabling
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.