Customer Service - Order Processor (R7370)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic marketing leader with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, is seeking a Customer Service Representative / Order Processor to provide support to the sales team. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for editing and entering multiple product lines in the system including some estimating responsibilities. This includes interacting with internal and external customers to resolve order or estimate related questions or inquiries.
- 1st shift; Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Editing orders
- Prioritize orders according to ship date requests or any identified special considerations.
- Verify sample and order specifications, extension of price, assign commission rate, and assign appropriate ship or proof date according to service schedule.
- Proof every order to identify errors and omissions.
- Research/and resolve missing/incorrect specifications pertaining to orders.
- Verify the correct art is pulled into the sales order for transmission of the purchase order and artwork to the mill.
- Prepare the order costing worksheet to calculate costs, sale price and commission on each order for accurate entry.
- Review all estimates for accuracy and adherence to company policies and practices.
- Interact with the sales representative, vendors, and others to resolve work-related questions or inquiries.
- Use company specific resources for applying pricing and entering orders.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with the personal and stylistic differences of teammates and customers.
- Cross-train in other areas of the business to level the workload within the business.
You must have:
- A high school degree or GED (general education degree) plus at least one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong skills in math, data entry, color/register perception and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and numerical data.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet the business/customer deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with others to ensure smooth work flow.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130+ year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.