Corporate Controller (R4489)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Corporate Controller to be located at our headquarters location in North Mankato, MN. The Controller’s role will be to ensure controls are in place to safeguard company assets, to accurately prepare, present and complete financial statements for our company leaders. Strategically, this role provides extensive portfolio and financial analysis recommendations to both corporate and company leadership to allow them to make well educated financial decisions about the future of their companies.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Goals – Prepare and present summary level consolidated financial reporting packages. Work with key company operational and financial personnel to ensure financial targets are attained. Draw upon mastery of the company’s financial data to identifying and promote new methods of value creation within each business model. Mentor and promote improved financial acumen among key company and financial leaders.
- Ensure Best Practices – Uphold GAAP compliance, disseminate corporate-wide accounting policy and instill excellence in financial operating procedures.
- Corporate Administration – Manage fixed assets and accounts payable, anticipate and implement value creation and growth opportunities.
- Consolidated Activities – Calculate and assess combined figures including quarterly consolidation, bank covenant, and census reporting.
- Financial Statements – Produce and distribute monthly financial statements for company, business units and the Corporate Portfolio.
- Ad hoc Financial Reports – Prepare analyses for CFO, Corporate Officers and business units upon request, explaining complex financial issues clearly and concisely.
- Accounting Oversight – Coordinate annual budgeting process, external audits and personal property tax filings.
- Audit - Coordinates with external auditors
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- 10+ years work experience in corporate finance
We Would Also Prefer:
- 4+ years in Public Accounting
- 15+ years work experience in corporate finance
- 10+ years in the Manufacturing Industry
- CPA or CMA
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you’ll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ long-term potential.