Corporate Controller (R4489)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Corporate Controller to join our team in North Mankato, MN. The Controller’s role will be to ensure controls are in place to safeguard company assets, to accurately prepare, present and complete financial statements for our company leaders. Strategically, this role provides extensive portfolio and financial analysis recommendations to both corporate and company leadership to allow them to make well educated financial decisions about the future of their companies.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Goals – Prepare and present summary level consolidated financial reporting packages. Work with key company operational and financial personnel to ensure financial targets are attained. Draw upon mastery of the company’s financial data to identifying and promote new methods of value creation within each business model. Mentor and promote improved financial acumen among key company and financial leaders.
- Ensure Best Practices – Uphold GAAP compliance, disseminate corporate-wide accounting policy and instill excellence in financial operating procedures.
- Corporate Administration – Manage fixed assets and accounts payable, anticipate and implement value creation and growth opportunities.
- Consolidated Activities – Calculate and assess combined figures including quarterly consolidation, bank covenant, and census reporting.
- Financial Statements – Produce and distribute monthly financial statements for company, business units and the Corporate Portfolio.
- Ad hoc Financial Reports – Prepare analyses for CFO, Corporate Officers and business units upon request, explaining complex financial issues clearly and concisely.
- Accounting Oversight – Coordinate annual budgeting process, external audits and personal property tax filings.
- Audit - Coordinates with external auditors
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 15+ years’ work experience in corporate accounting
- CPA and/or Big 4 CPA experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proven track record of success leading teams within a middle/large organization (5000+ employees)
- Ability to analyze details and identify financial issues
- Deep experience identifying, collecting, and organizing data for analysis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong background knowledge in all aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
- Finance Systems Implementation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
We Would Also Prefer:
- 10+ years in the Manufacturing Industry
- Cost accounting experience
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.