Sr. Business Systems Analyst (R9041)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for understanding the capabilities of multiple enterprise and business solutions and how they interact with one another. This role will work closely with Clients to align processes and procedures, communicate solutions and capture customer business requirements for IT to drive long term efficiencies. This role supports and understands current business processes throughout all departments within the organization; utilizes analysis, IT skills and business knowledge on projects to identify and implement solutions, and facilitates this work with heavy reliance on team based processes.
- Participate in project planning sessions, defining the scope of the project and defining the business requirements.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients (i.e.: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Non-Functional Specifications, Use Cases, other artifacts).
- Form tight customer relationship that provides in depth knowledge of customer workflow and value proposition to align to solutions delivered.
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Perform gap analysis of current state and desired end-state of an application.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Facilitate requirement review sessions (with the project team, including business partners, developers, and others)
- Participate in system testing.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Act as the customer advocate for platforms in use to ensure high quality delivery that always have the client process and efficiency in mind.
- Create and maintain process and/or procedure guides, if required for client implementation.
- Assist with task realization, guided / mentored by a senior Business Systems Analyst, Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Serve as a liaison for project managers, development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with developers to translate requirements into something that they understand, and then translate developers' subsequent questions into something the stakeholders can understand.
- Conduct and summarize informal and formal requirements reviews as items are being developed.
- Final sign off of software delivery to customer ensuring alignment of delivery to requirements all within high quality standards.
- Translate and document client business requests into written IT baseline detailed business requirements for application development.
- Translate new business requests (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal including drafting, creating and documenting statements of work, timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science or related technical area.
- 4+ years of equivalent/relevant professional experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of business analysis, project management, and client support
- This position requires experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and make decisions that are aligned with company policies and practices.
- The ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- The ability to build rapport with our clients and internal cross-functional teams
- The ability to effectively communicate information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff, and management verbally and in written form
- Adaptable and accountable individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time
- The initiative to take responsibility for finding alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Skilled at utilizing dotted line relationships to influence behaviors and accomplish objectives.
- Able to escalate and make problems visible to facilitate completion of initiatives and commitments.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Kanban as well as the Waterfall Frameworks
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of marketing, and/or application development
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.